With Google Analytics you can track the visitors of your shop and generate reports to help you with your marketing.
Before you set up Google Analytics, make sure you haven't already on your website. If you are sure that you want to use Google Analytics for your shop, and if you already have a Google Account, you would like to use for Google Analytics, you can set up the skip it.
Before you can start setting up Google Analytics, you need to do the following do:
- Make sure that Google Analytics is not already enabled on your website. is.
- Create a Google Account if you don't already have one: Create a Google Account
Create a Google account
Before you can activate Google Analytics, you need a Google Account. If If you already have a Gmail account, you can use it. If not, create your Google account here. You only need to use your Google Mail account to sign in to Google Analytics.
activate Google Analytics
To activate Google Analytics, you must follow these steps:
- Click on the start page of Google Analytics on "Login".
- Click Analytics. in the dropdown menu.
- Select the account you want to log in with, or click "Add Account", to sign in with a new Google Account.
- On the next page, select "Website" (not "Mobile App"), and fill out the form. Enter your preferred domain in the field for the URL. The checkboxes at the bottom are not relevant, so deactivate them. All of them.
- Click "Get Tracking ID" at the bottom of the page to display the Registration to complete.
- On the next page you will find more information and options. The only thing you need here is the Tracking ID off the Code snippet.
- Copy the Tracking-ID to the clipboard by pressing to select the Tracking ID and press the following key combination:
- "Ctrl+C" on the PC
- "Command+C" on the Mac
- Open your backend management from your shop in a new tab.
- Navigate to the item "Configuration > Settings".
- Enter your Tracking-ID in the field "Google Analytics > Google Analytics Trackind ID" and then save the form
The Smake system now automatically inserts the tracking codes in the appropriate places. with your tracking ID.