- Connect the TouchBox to your network via Ethernet cable.
- Start the TouchBox
- In the user interface of the TouchBox there are 2 icons
The icon (1) indicates whether an Internet connection is available.
The icon (2) shows if a connected peripheral device is reachable.
- If the icon 1 is green after the TouchBox is connected to the company network, updates are now automatically downloaded and installed.
- If the icon (1) is red it can be due to 2 causes :
- The company network works with fixed IP addresses
- It's a wiring error
If the company network works with fixed IP addresses, proceed as follows:
- Press the Setup button.
- Start the Setup Wizard via the "Start Configuration" - button
- Next select whether your TouchBox is connected to an EPS system (Tree/Jump/HoopStation) (1) or is the TouchBox part of the Smake Satellite System (2).
- If the TouchBox is used for an EPS system (Tree/Jump/HoopStation), you can enter the EPS IP address in the next step (here you will find information how to find out the IP address)
- In the next step you select if your company network uses a DHCP server or if you need to work with fixed IP addresses. For information contact your system administrator.
- If a DHCP server is available select point 1.
- If you are dependent on fixed IP addresses click on point 2.
- If you have chosen point 2 you need the following information which you can ask your administrator for:
- IP address
- If you have all this information enter it in the next step.
- When you have entered all addresses you can go on with the click on "Next".
- At last you get your summary of your settings.
- Click on "Save and restart" after the restart your TouchBox is now connected to the internet and can install updates.